tappet setting can be rechecked after testing
procedure. After final check, replace valve
Note. These instructions apply to the engines on all
three model welding machines. The engines are disas-
sembled in a similar manner by referring to the appro-
a. Removal and Disassembly (fig. 6-34).
(2) Remove spark plugs and leads (para
(7) Remove water pump and fan assem-
(8) Remove plug and drain oil from oil
(9) Disconnect oil lines, remove cylinder
head bolts, and remove oil filter.
(10) Remove nut and washer securing
front motor mounts to support.
(11) Remove screws and washers securing
rear engine mount to adapter plate.
(12) Remove nuts and washers securing
generator frame to support.
bly from skid.
the minimum steps necessary to enable removal
separate generator armature and supporting
disk (51) from engine flywheel.
studs and remove water outlet elbow. Remove
adapter ring, thermostat, and gasket.
(16) Remove cylinder head screws and
washers and remove cylinder head and gasket.
(17) Remove nuts and washers and remove
(1) Remove valve chamber cover (para
manifold assembly and gasket. Do not remove
studs unless they are damaged.
(2) Using two end wrenches and feeler
gauge adjust each tappet adjusting screw so
and remove fuel pump.
that slight drag is felt when 0.014-inch feeler
(19) Remove nuts and washers securing
gauge blade is withdrawn from between tappet
valve tappet chamber cover and remove cover
(3) Leave valve chamber cover off so that