(1) Slide insulator (31) over shaft (32).
bracket (17) insulating bushing (18), stud
Insert shaft and insulator into brushholder
washer (20) and stud (21).
(9) Slide brushholder assembly from re-
(29) and tighten two attaching screws (30).
actor (33) and separate parts.
(2) Install four contact fingers (26) on
( 1 0 ) Slide clip (22), spring (23) and
brushholder (29) with four attaching screws
washer (24) from shaft.
(11) Loosen four contact finger screws
s c r e w s (27), install four contact finger
(27) and remove four finger springs (25).
(12) Remove four screws (27) together
(3) Assemble washer (24), spring (23),
with lockwashers (28) and lift off fingers
and clip (22) on shaft (32).
(4) Install brushholder assembly in re-
(13) Loosen two screws (30) and slide
actor (33). Avoid bending or twisting contact
brushholder (29) from shaft.
fingers more than necessary.
(14) Separate insulator (31) from shaft
(5) Assemble stud and bracket assembly
consisting of stud (21), stud washer (20),
b. Cleaning. Clean all metal parts in solvent
insulating washer (16), flat washer (15),
and dry thoroughly. Wipe reactor (33) coils
lockwasher (14) and nut (13) and install on
with solvent dampened cloth, Dry thoroughly
vertical mounting brackets welded to bracket
with compressed air, blowing out inaccessible
coils with air. Remove any corrosion from
shaft (32) and stud (21) with No. 00 sand-
( 6 ) Install mounting bracket with
paper and blow off with compressed air. Wipe
mounted current control assembly on support-
insulation (31) with clean, lint-free cloth.
ing brackets. Carefully insert shaft (32, fig.
through control panel. Secure bracket
c. Inspection. I n s p e c t r e a c t o r ( 3 3 ) f o r
with four attaching bolts, lockwashers and
pitted or burned posts indicating arc-overs.
Inspect insulation (31), for cracks or splits.
(7) Connect double cable from welding
Inspect insulating washers (16 and 19) bush-
generator to rear of current control with nut
ing (18) and contact springs (25) for good
condition. Inspect contact fingers (26) for
(8) Connect single cable from welding
burning, pitting, and wear; particularly un-
generator to terminal on side of current con-
even wear indicating faulty adjustment.
d. Repair. If contact fingers (26) and re-
and 6) and nut (4). Connect cable from elec-
actor (33) are slightly pitted or burned, clean
trode welding terminal to terminal on side
with fine-cut file and No. 00 sandpaper. If
of current control and secure with screw (7),
extensively pitted or burned, replace. Replace
lockwashers (5 and 6) and nut (4).
all other parts which do not pass inspection.
(9) Install control panel in accordance
e. Reassembly and Installation. To reassem-
ble and install current control assembly, pro-
(10) Slide handle (2) on shaft. Tighten
ceed as follows:
set screw (1).
Section VIl. ENCLOSURE (Model LEB 300)
remove rain cap (13) by removing screw (14),
a. Removal. To remove the enclosure, pro-
and (15), and cotter pin (16).
ceed as follows:
(3) Remove top radiator hose (17) and
bottom radiator hose (18) by removing clamps
removing screws (2), screw (3), and nuts
(4), then remove top panel (5) by removing
(4) Remove instrument panel (20), then
screw (6) and nut (7).
remove cover (21) by removing screw (22).
(2) Remove exhaust tube (8), clamps (9
Remove ground strap (23).
and 10), metal hose (11) and elbow (12), then
(5) Remove connector (24) by removing