(1) Wipe plugs and ignition leads with a
solvent dampened cloth. Dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect leads for loose or frayed
shielding and insulation.
(3) Inspect grommets for hardness or lack
(d) Inspect plugs for burnt electordes and
(5) Abrasive blast plugs in cleaning and
testing machine for three to six seconds while
moving plug in a circular direction.
(6) Air blast plug for two to five seconds,
then file electrode sparking area to obtain flat
(7) Reset gap to 0.025 inch by bending
3-35. Spark Plugs
and Lead Assembly
a. Removal and nstallation. Remove and in-
Generator Assembly, Brushes
stall spark plugs and ignition leads as illu-
a. Removal and Installation.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.