Figure 5-2. Power Plant DC power branched wire harness assembly.
After inspection and testing,
disassemble the wire harness only as required for repair
e. Repair. Replacement and Reassembly.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Solder connections will be made in
(1) Clean wire harness with a clean, lint-free
accordance with MIL-S-6872 using solder type
cloth moistened with approved solvent and dry
SN60OWRP2 per Fed Spec QQ-S-571.
(2) Replace defective wires with wire in
(2) Inspect for damaged or loose connector
accordance with MIL-W-5086, Type II. Wire size and
pins and terminal lugs. Check for any evidence of
approximate length in inches is provided in figure 5-2.
burned areas indicating shorts.
Inspect wiring for
(3) If self-clinching cable straps are removed
damaged insulation and loose connections. Inspect
to facilitate repairs, install new cable straps at two inch
connectors for damaged or stripped threads.
intervals and all cable breakouts.