replacement connector. Fill connector backshell with
Water System Branched
silicone rubber sealing compound (.501 RTV and
Catalyst 501A, Dow Corning Corp., Midland, Michigan,
disconnect the water system branched wire harness
(4) If self-clinching cable straps are removed
assembly as follows:
to facilitate repairs, install new cable straps at two inch
intervals and all cable breakouts.
(1) Disconnect the wire harness electrical
leads from switches (SII and S12) and disconnect the
f. Installation. Install the wire harness assembly
in reverse order of removal procedure. After installing
(2) Remove the cable clamp; note the
the connectors, safety wire in accordance with MS33540
position of the clamp and routing of the wire harness.
using lockwire MS20995C20.
Remove the wire harness assembly.
Figure 5-5. Water system branched wire harness assembly.
After inspection and testing,
to the wire run chart
in figure 5-5
disassemble the wire harness only as required for repair
e. Repair, Replacement and Reassembly.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean wire harness with a clean, lint-free
(1) Solder connections will be made in
accordance with MIL-S-6872 using solder type
cloth moistened with approved solvent and dry
SN6(0WRP2 per Fed Spec QQ-S-571.
(2) Replace defective wires with wire in
(2) Inspect for damaged or loose connector
pins and terminal lugs. Check for any evidence of
accordance with MIL-W-5086, Type II. Wire size and
burned areas indicating shorts. Inspect connectors for
approximate length in inches is provided in figure 5-5.
damaged or stripped threads.
(3) If self-clinching cable straps are removed