and voltage regulators shall be replaced and defective
c. Repair and Replacement.
units sent to depot maintenance facilities for repair.
(1) Repair the wire harness assembly as follows:
d. Reassembly and Installation. Refer to TM 5-
(a) Solder connections will
accordance with MIL-S-6872 using solder Type
SN60OWRP2 per Fed Spec QQ-S-57 1.
(b) Replace defective wires with wire in
5-35. Power Wire Harness Assembly
accordance with MIL-W-5086, Type II. Wire size and
If self-clinching cable straps are
removed to facilitate repairs, replace with new straps at
same interval and at all cable breakouts.
disconnect the power wire harness assembly as follows:
(2) Replace damaged nut plates and loose or
(1) Disconnect the wire harness leads to GI, KII.
missing rivets on chassis. Repair bent chassis by
K12, and SI0.
simple shop repair.
(2) Remove lockwires and disconnect the three
(3) Replace all other parts found to be defective
connectors (P49, P50 and P51); then remove the w ire
through inspection or testing. Defective battery charger