Figure 5-48. Power wire harness assembly
b. Disassembly. After inspection and testing,
disassemble the wire harness only as required for repair
e. Repair, Replacement and Reassembly.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Solder connections will be made in
(1) Clean wire harness with a clean, lint-free
accordance with MIL-S-6872 using solder Type
cloth moistened with an approved solvent and dry
SN60WRP2 per Fed Spec QQ-S-571.
(2) Replace defective wires with wire in
(2) Inspect for damaged or loose connector pins,
accordance with MIL-W-5086, Type II. Wire size and
damaged wires, and loose or damaged terminal lugs.
Check for any evidence of burned areas indicating
(3) If self-clinching cable straps are removed to
shorts. Inspect connectors for damaged or stripped
facilitate repairs, install new cable straps at same
intervals and at all cable breakouts.