(3) Third. Identify the repair part on the
illustration, and note the illustration figure and
item number of the repair part.
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing,
find the functional group to which the repair
part belongs and locate the illustration figure
and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When Federal stock number or reference
number is known:
7. Federal Supply Codes for Manufacturers
(1) First. Using the Index of Federal Stock
Number and Reference Numbers, find the perti-
nent Federal stock number or reference number.
This index is in ascending alpha-numeric sequence
cross-referenced to an index number.
(2) Second. Using the Repair Part Listing,
find the index number referenced in the Index
of Federal Stock Numbers and Reference Num-
8. Recommendations for Maintenance
Report of errors, omissions, and recommenda-
tions for improving this publication by the indi-
vidual user is encouraged. Reports should be sub-
mitted on DA Form 2028 (Recommended
Changes to Publications) and forwarded direct
to Commanding General, U. S. Army Mobility
Equipment Command, ATTN: AMSME-MPP,
4300 Goodfellow Boulevard, St. Louis, Mo. 63120.