ENCLOSURE AND SHELL ASSEMBLY
disassemble only those parts
The enclosure and shell assembly contains the
requiring repair or replacement
operating components of the power units and systems
and those parts necessary to gain
and mounts lifting and leveling components.
access to the damaged parts.
9-2. Enclosure and Shell Assembly
b. Cleaning. Inspection an Repairs.
(1) Clean components of the enclosure with a
(1) Do not disassemble the enclosure unless
clean cloth dampened in an approved solvent, dry
inspection reveals damage. If required, disassemble the
thoroughly with compressed air.
enclosure assembly by following the sequence of index
(2) Inspect doors and panels for cracks, loose
rivets, damaged fasteners and other defects.
(2) Do not disassemble the shell assembly
(3) Inspect frame assembly and other welded
unless inspection reveals damage.
components for cracks or breaks on welded joints.
disassemble the shell assembly by following the
Reweld the frame which is aluminum alloy 6061. T4
sequence of index numbers 1 through 315 assigned to
and T6 QQ-A-200 / 8 and QQ-A-250 / 16 using filler
4043, examine and certify according to military
(4) Repair damaged components using simple
Do not disassemble the enclosure
or the shell assembly in their