(7) Check receiver (20) for cracks, dents, and
ventilated area. Failure to observe this warning may
result in serious harm or death to personnel.
distortion. Check flange surfaces for burrs.
(8) Check painted surfaces for damage or
(3) Check all parts for damage and stripped or
(9) Replace all parts that do not pass inspection
(4) Check nameplate (2) for damage and
and are damaged beyond repair. Replace packings (14,
17) and gaskets (16), at each overhaul.
(5) Check valve (4) for damage and freedom of
(10) Replace damaged or inoperative valve (4).
(6) Check disks (15) for chips and cracks.
Figure 6-5. Liquid refrigerant receiver, exploded view.
(11) Repair receiver (20) by torch brazing in
(12) If insert (8) is damaged, remove and install
accordance with Military Specification MIL-W6858) as
new insert 3/4 to 1 3/4 turns below countersink and
applicable. Remove burrs from flange surfaces and
break off tang.
recut damaged threads.