(3) If replacement of connector J64 is
(2) Disconnect wire leads to ground terminal
necessary, remove potting compound and unsolder
El and to connector J2.
electrical leads. Fill connector backshell with silicone
(3) Disconnect connector P64 and remove
rubber sealing compound (501 RTV and Catalyst 501A,
nuts, washers, and screws that attach connector J64.
Dow Corning Corp., Midland, Michigan, or equivalent) at
Then remove the wire harness.
After inspection and testing,
(4) If self-clinching cable straps are removed
disassemble the wire harness only as required for repair
to facilitate repairs, install new cable straps at five inch
intervals and at all cable breakouts.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
f. Installation. Install the wire harness assembly in
reverse order of removal procedure. After installing
(1) Clean wire harness with a clean, lint-free
connector, safety wire in accordance with MS35540
cloth moistened with an approved solvent and dry
using lockwire MS20995C20.
5-25. Heat Valves Wire Harness Assembly
(2) Inspect for damaged or loose connector
pins, damaged wires, and loose or damaged terminal
lugs and battery clamps. Check for any evidence of
disconnect the heat valves wire harness assembly as
burned areas indicating shorts. Inspect connector for
damaged or stripped threads.
d. Testing. Refer to the wire run chart in figure
connector P89; then remove nuts, washers, and screws
that attach connector J89.
e. Repair, Replacement and Reassembly
(1) Solder connections will be made in
connectors P90, P91.
accordance with MIL-S-6872 using solder Type
(3) Remove five loop-type cable clamps and
SN60OWRP2 per Fed Spec QQ-S-571.
remove the wire harness.
(2) Replace defective wires with wire in
accordance with MIL-W-5086, Type II. Wire size and
Figure 5-25. Heat valves wire harness assembly.