and approximate length in inches is provided in figure 5-
After inspection and testing,
disassemble the wire harness only as required for repair
(3) Replace defective or inoperative sensors.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(4) If self-clinching cable straps are removed
to facilitate repairs, install new cable straps at five inch
(1) Clean wire harness with a clean, lint-free
intervals and at all cable breakouts.
cloth moistened with an approved solvent and dry
f. Installation. Install the wire harness assembly in
reverse order of removal procedure. After installing
(2) Inspect for damaged or loose connector
connector, attach safety wire in accordance with
pins, damaged wires, and loose or damaged terminal
MS35540 using lockwire MS20995C20.
lugs. Check for any evidence of burned areas indicating
shorts. Inspect connectors for damaged or stripped
5-24. Battery Wire Harness Assembly (13217E4168)
d. Testing. Refer to the wire run chart in figure 5-
disconnect the battery wire harness assembly as follows:
(1) Remove the battery clamps. Observe
e. Repair, Replacement and Reassembly.
polarity of leads for correct installation after repair.
(1) Solder connections will be made in
accordance with MIL-S-6872 using solder Type
SN60OWRP2 per Fed Spec QQ-S-571.
(2) Replace defective wires with wire in
accordance with MIL-W-5086, Type II. Wire size