electrical leads. Fill connector backshell with silicone
After inspection and testing,
rubber sealing compound (501 RTV and Catalyst 501A,
disassemble the wire harness only as required for repair
Dow Corning Corp., Midland, Michigan, or equivalent) at
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(4) If self-clinching cable straps are removed
(1) Clean wire harness with a clean, lint-free
to facilitate repairs, install new cable straps at three inch
cloth moistened with an approved solvent and dry
intervals and at all cable breakouts.
f. Installation. Install the wire harness assembly in
(2) Inspect for damaged or loose connector
reverse order of removal procedure. After installing
pins, damaged wires, and loose or damaged terminal
connector, safety wire in accordance with MS35540
lugs. Check for any evidence of burned areas indicating
using lockwire MS20995C20.
shorts. Inspect connectors for damaged or stripped
5-22. Temperature Sensors Wire Harness Assembly
d. Testing. Refer to the wire run chart in figure 5-
disconnect the temperature sensors wire harness
assembly as follows.
e. Repair, Replacement and Reassembly.
(1) Remove lockwire; disconnect connector
(1) Solder connections will be made in
accordance with MIL-S-6872 using solder Type
attach connector J86.
SN60WRP2 per Fed Spec QQ-S-571.
(2) Disconnect wire leads at temperature
(2) Replace defective wires with wire in
sensors (RT5, RT6, RT7, and RT8).
accordance with MIL-W-5086, Type II. Wire size and
(3) Remove seven loop-type cable clamps
and remove the wire harness.
(3) If replacement of connector J50
necessary, remove potting compound and unsolder