f. Installation. Install the wire harness assembly in
e. Repair, Replacement and Reassembly.
reverse order of removal procedure. After installing
connectors, safety wire in accordance with MS33540
(1) Solder connections will be made in
using lockwire MS20995C20.
accordance with MIL-S-6872 using solder Type
SN60OWRP2 per Fed Spec QQ-S-571.
(2) Replace defective wires with wire in
accordance with MIL-W-5086, Type II. Wire size and
(3) If replacement of connector J43 is
necessary, remove potting compound and unsolder
assembly as follows:
electrical leads. Solder
(1) Remove lockwire and connectors P18 and
replacement connector. Fill connector backshell with
P19; then remove four nuts, eight washers, and four
silicone rubber sealing compound (501 RTV and
screws from each connector J18 and J19.
Catalyst 501A, Dow Corning Corp., Midland, Michigan,
(2) Disconnect connector P44. Remove the
(4) If self-clinching cable straps are removed
to facilitate repairs, install new cable straps at three inch
intervals and at all cable breakouts.
After inspection and testing,
disassemble the wire harness only as required for repair