Figure 4-6. Heat shield assembly, lower, exploded view.
(11) If heat shields are damaged beyond
d. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
simple repair, replace the entire assembly.
e. Assembly. Assemble heat shield assembly in
(1) Clean heat shield using an approved
reverse order of disassembly procedures given
solvent and a stiff bristled brush.
f. Reinstallation. Replace the lower portion by
Do not get solvent on insulation
attaching it to the skid using the hardware that
Replace the upper portion as
(2) Inspect for cracks, tears or holes.
(3) Inspect bolt, spacers, washers and nuts
4-10. Skid Assembly
securing channels for security of installation.
a. General. The skid assembly mounts the engine,
oil tank, fuel boost pump, fuel filter, fuel tank
and brackets supporting these units.
(5) Inspect nut plates and all riveted
components for loose rivets or damage to components.
Do not disassemble skid
(6) Repair cracks using simple shop repair.
assembly unless inspection reveals damage. If
required, follow sequence of index numbers, 1
(7) Patch hole or tears using simple shop rep
(8) Tighten loose bolts and
c. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(1) Clean skid and component parts with an
(9) Replace damaged grommets.
Dry thoroughly with filtered
(10) Replace loose or damaged
replace damaged riveted components.