b. Removal. Refer to TM 5-6115-586-12 for oil
procedure. Refer to TM 5-6115-586-12 and test the fuel
atomizer assembly according to the instructions
temperature regulator and valve removal instructions.
f. Installation. Refer to TM 5-6115-586-12 and
disassemble the oil temperature regulator valve (items 1
install the fuel atomizer assembly.
thru 8) in the numerical sequence shown.
3-8. Oil Temperature Regulator Valve
a. General. The oil temperature regulator valve
Do not remove modification plate
maintains oil temperature in the engine lubrication
(2) or name plate (3) unless they
system within specified limits.
must be replaced.
Figure 3-10. Oil temperature regulator valve.
d. Cleaning, Inspection and Replacement.
(1) Test oil temperature regulator, using a
(1) Clean the parts with dry cleaning solvent
preventative oil (Military Specification MIL-C-8188) at
(Fed Spec P-D-680 or equivalent) and dry thoroughly.
70to 30 (21to 1.1 ).
(3) Check the modification plate (2) and
(2) Attach pressure line to OIL IN port and
discharge line to OIL OUT port of valve.
(4) Inspect other parts for damage and
(3) Open both shutoff valves and start pump.
replace defective parts.
(4) Close outlet shutoff valve after all air has
e. Reassembly. Reassemble the oil temperature
been bled from system. Apply an inlet pressure of 100
regulator valve by reversing the disassembly sequence.
psi gauge, close shutoff valve in inlet line and observe
f. Installation and Test. Refer to TM 5-6115-586-
leakage and pressure drop. No leakage or pressure
12 and install the valve to the oil temperature regulator;
drop is allowable during a five minute test period.
then test the oil temperature regulator valve as follows:
(5) Drain unit, but do not flush.