Table 2-5. Power Plant Operating Limits (Gas Turbine Engine)
One drop per minute
From accessory drain only. Fuel leakage from
plenum drain is permitted only after a false
start or blowout.
One drop per 15 minute period Maximum
From accessory drain.
Starting after 5 psig oil pressure is attained.
1300F (705 )
Caution: This temperature must not be
exceeded at any time under any operating
Maximum allowable temperature for continous
(4) Oil consumption
Under all operating conditions.
(5) Starter motor duty cycle
One minute on one minute off Maximum
Cool the starter before repeating duty cycle. Do
or 5 starts in 10 minutes.
not exceed 28,000 rpm turbine speed with
the starter energized.
(6) Turbine Wheel Speeds
(a) Continuous operation
(b) Continuous operation
(c) Absolute maximum
(d) 10-second operation
Do not operate at a speed in excess of 42,500
rpm for longer than 10 seconds.
(a) Accessory pickup
Maximum peak vibrations greater than the
limits shown may occur at certain critical
turbine wheel speeds from 17.000 to 23,000
Caution: Do not operate the unit con-
tinuously at any speed where vibration
exceeds these limits.
(b) Turbine end pickup.
d. Preliminary Test Procedure.
(2) Remove all accessory components from stowage compartments. Visually check at this time for loose or
damaged lines, fittings, and wire harnesses.
(3) Secure all access doors that are not normally to be open or removed during testing.
(4) Connect instrumentation called out in table 2-3.
(5) Check that oil tank is filled with oil.
(6) The unit shall be stopped and started in accordance with operating instructions on the control panel.
(7) Record turbine engine and two air conditioner hourmeter readings when power plant is installed in test
(8) Prime fuel and oil as follows:
(a) Remove electrical connector 'from the oil pressure fuel sequencing switch.
(b) Disconnect fuel boost pump connector and connect to a 24 vdc lamp. Acutate master switch to RUN,
lamp shall not glow. Actuate master switch momentarily to START, lamp shall glow. If the preceding tests check
correctly, reconnect fuel boost pump connector.