troubleshooting checks at various components on the
(1) One leak detector.
engine. A Special Purpose Electrical Branched Cable
(2) One oil servicing unit.
Assembly and Analyzer Hose Kit are used to connect the
/3) One oil quantity test unit.
test systems of the analyzer to the engine. Refer to TM
(4) One sling psychrometer.
5-6115-586-12 for instructions on connecting the gas
(5) One refrigeration service wrench.
turbine engine analyzer to the power plant and the
(6) One 3/4 inch vacuum hose, 10 feet long.
procedures to follow for performing static checks and
(7) One 3/4 inch vacuum hose, 20 feet long.
(8) One 3/8 inch charging hose, 3 feet long.
(9) One 3/8 inch charging hose, 8 feet long.
b. Refrigeration System Service Unit.
(10) Two inch charging hoses, 12 feet long.
refrigeration system service unit (fig. 2-1 and 2-2) is
(11) One main power cable, 20 feet long.
designed specifically for servicing refrigeration systems
(12) One power output cable, 20 feet long.
using refrigerant R114 (Fed. Spec. BB-F1421). The unit
(13) Four inch flare seal brass plugs.
provides servicing functions for refrigeration system
(14) Six /8 inch flare seal brass plugs.
evacuation, dehydration and leak detection; addition of
(15) Two 3/8 x 3/8 inch unions.
lubricant to refrigeration system; addition of refrigerant to
(16) Two 38 x 1/4 inch unions.
the refrigeration system; and testing the refrigeration
(17) One 3/8 inch cylinder adapter fitting.
system. The instruments and controls are accessible
(18) One cylinder adapter fitting.
behind a hinged, removable door, with the electrical and
(19) One inch knurled fitting.
fluid schematics and operating instructions on the back of
(20) One 3/8 inch knurled fitting.
the door. The accessories, stored in the removable door
(21) Vacuum hose quick disconnects.
of the unit, include:
Figure 2-1. Refrigeration service unit.