reliable performance of its primary mission for a period of 90
published equipment serviceability criteria technical manuals.
days of operation.
The blocks will be completed as shown below:
(1) BLOCK 1. Insert the organizational designation of
Equipment Category RED. Equipment unable to
the unit performing the evaluation.
perform its primary mission immediately or possessing an
(2) BLOCK 2. Insert item name and model.
unacceptable reliability for sustained performance (90 days) of
(3) BLOCK 3. Insert the Federal Stock Number.
its primary mission.
(4) BLOCK 4. Insert the hours equipment has been
operated as of the date of the evaluation.
This technical manual, unless classified, will be filed
(5) BLOCK 5. Insert the standard six digit calendar
with the equipment log book.
date that equipment serviceability criteria evaluation is
performed. (EXAMPLE: 3 January 1969 would be 690103).
Preventive maintenance checks and services and
(6) BLOCK 6. Insert the letters " SC."
troubleshooting tables in the applicable TM 5
(7) BLOCK 7. Insert the equipment serviceability
manual are to be used in conjunction with this
criteria technical manual number and its date of issue.
TM when performing the evaluation.
(8) Column a. Insert the checkpoint item number.
applicable LO 5 is required.
(9) Column b.
Place each obtained color rating
This evaluation will actually be performed on the
opposite the item to which it applies. (Insert "GREEN,"
item(s) being rated, by operator/crew.
"AMBER," or "RED" as applicable.)
Equipment serviceability criteria items covered in this
(10) Column c.. Briefly describe each test item.
manual, but not authorized to the evaluating organization shall
(11) Obtain the color rating for each subsystem by
not be rated.
taking the lowest color rating given.
Authorized items not on hand will be given the lowest
(12) BLOCKS 8 and 9. Self explanatory.
color rating authorized for that item.
(13) BLOCK 10. Insert the overall equipment color
This equipment is rated on the basis of capability for
immediate operation and amount of wear life remaining on the
(14) The color category for the overall equipment will
components. The rating is not meaningful unless each check is
not be rated any higher than the lowest rated item. The color
made with the utmost care and accuracy.
rating will be kept current by recording changes as they occur,
Record the evaluation results on DA Form 2404,
on DA Form 2404.
Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet, using a
(15) Staple all forms applying to the same system
separate sheet for each multiple-aspect equipment, subsystem,
together, with those which apply to the basic system on top.
and/or component, including those evaluated by separately