WELD AMPERES Control Rheostat
(2) Connect an ohmmeter to the center terminal
and either outside terminal of the control. Set the
Removal. Proceed as follows to remove the
meter on the RX1 scale. Turn the control in either
WELD AMPERES control rheostat.
direction until it stops, then turn it in the opposite
(1) Disconnect ac power from the welding ma-
direction slowly and evenly until it stops again. The
indicator on the meter should increase or decrease
(2) Remove the timer and high frequency drawer
evenly according to the speed in which the control is
turned. If the meter indicator does not function as
(3) Remove the top and housing from the weld-
described, replace the control.
AMPERES control rheostat from the rear of the
AMPERES control rheostat.
(2) Install the screws along the bottom edge of
the front panel.
(1) Connect an ohmmeter to the two outer term-
inals of the control and set the meter on RX1 scale.
The reading should be 32 ohms. If the reading is
(4) Install the timer and high frequency drawer
more than 35 or less than 29 ohms, replace the con-