(20) Remove square shaft (44) by removing
(21) Remove contact arms (46).
(1) Inspect bearing surfaces of bushings for
(22) Remove shaft insulation (47).
wear and scoring.
Inspect studs for
burned or otherwise damaged threads.
Inspect contact disc for pitted or burned
(1) Clean studs, nuts, metal washers,
spacers, and end frames in solvent and
dry thoroughly. Wipe off plunger with
(1) Replace any part which does not pass
solvent-dampened cloth and dry with
clean, lint-free cloth. Clean corrosion on
any part with NO. 00 sandpaper and blow
e. Reassembly. Reassemble in reverse of a.
off with compressed air.
Figure 12. GXL: starter.
removing screws (4) (5) and (6), washer
(7) and nuts (8) and (9).
(2) Remove fan guard (10) by removing
(1) Remove covers (1) (2) and (3) by