Figure 3-16. Battery, removal and installation (Model
LEB 300 and
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(3) Remove magneto and place in a cloth-
(1) Wipe outside of magneto with a sol-
(4) Place free end of No. 1 spark plug
vent-dampened cloth and dry thoroughly.
lead within 1/16 inch of magneto housing. Ro-
(2) Inspect magneto for cracks, breaks or
tate lugs of impulse coupling clockwise until a
other damage. Replace if damaged.
spark occurs between lead and housing.
(5) Turn impulse coupling drive lugs back
(1) Remove No. 1 spark plug. Crank en-
gine until air is exhausting from spark plug
in governor drive shaft. Replace magneto.
hole (engine on compression stroke).
(2) Set No. 1 piston near top dead center
d. Timing After Installation.
by slowly cranking engine until air is no longer
(1) Connect a timing light to No. 1 spark
exhausting from spark plug hole. Replace No.
plug and a 24-volt power source.
1 spark plug.