(5) Install the f i l t e r reactor (para 4-
(6) Install the rectifier assembly (para
(7) Install the control rectifier (para 4-
(2) Install the switching panel (para 4-
(3) Install the accessory
(9) Install the welding machine top and
Section X. WIRING HARNESS AND HIGH FREQUENCY PANEL
disconnect each end of the wire from the com-
The welding machine has a wiring harness
ponent or components to which it is con-
nected. Touch the test probes of a multime-
t w o separate wire groups are connected
through a quick-disconnect type plug, to com-
not indicated, the wire is defective and must
plete the electrical circuits.
be repaired or replaced (c and d below).
4-36. Wiring and Wiring Harness
c. Repair. Shave the insulation on the
wire to expose one-half inch of bare wire at
both ends of the break. Twist the bare wire
(1) Remove the welding machine top and
together and solder the connection.
the repaired break with electrical tape. Do not
leave any bare wire exposed. If a terminal lug
is damaged, or breaks off a wire, replace it
(3) Remove the harness wires from the
using an exact duplicate terminal lug.
(4) Remove the wires from the control
d. Replacement. Replace a wire by discon,-
necting it from the component or components
(5) Remove the wines from the remote
to which it is connected and remove the
wire. Install a new wipe and connect it to the
(6) Remove the thermostatic
component or components. If a broken wire
is part of a wiring harness, disconnect the wire
(7) Remove the wires from the control
at both ends and tape the ends with electrical
tape. Install a new wire and attach it to the'
(8) Remove the harness wires from the
exterior of the wiring harness.
(9) Remove the wires from the contactor
(1) Place the wiring harness in the weld-
ing machine and tape it to the frame.
(10) Remove the red and purple wires
(2) Install the quick-disconnect receptacle
(11) Remove the quick-disconnect recep-
(3) Connect the red and purple wires to
(4) Connect the wines to the contactor
(12) Remove the tape which secures the
(5) Connect harness wires to the acces-
harness to the frame and remove the