c. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
ture speed. Maximum armature speed
(1) Clean parts with a dry, lint-free cloth.
should be 9,800 rpm.
(2) Inspect for cracks, breaks, frayed or
broken insulation cm electrical leads,
(3) Replace a motor which does not test
worn threads on fittings and hard-
dition, Repair or replace damaged or
assemble the gun handle assembly and bracket.
d. Capacitor Testing. Test the welding gun
motor capacitor by performing (1) through
insulation, gun barrel, gun tube,
guide tube, nozzle, and adapter.
100 working volts, dc.
the current cable, swing arm, fitting
(3) Replace the capacitor if it does not
assembly, shield, and cover.
indicate the above.
h. Field Expedient Repair. If the inching
e. Motor Testing. Test the motor as fol-
switch is defective, feed the welding wire
through the gun by hand. Make replacement of
(1) Connect the motor to a suitable 24-v
the switch as soon as possible.
dc power supply,